Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Maple & Brown Sugar Oatmeal





I'm always on the lookout for easy and yummy breakfast recipes. And this one fits the bill. I found the idea for this one on Mr. Breakfast but I made a few changes and came up with this. 


Maple & Brown Sugar Oatmeal

Serves 5-6

4 cups milk 
3 tablespoons brown sugar
3 tablespoons maple syrup
2 1/2 cups oatmeal (either old-fashioned or quick cooking)
1/8 tsp. salt
1 cup raisins

In a saucepan, stir together milk, brown sugar and maple syrup. Bring to a boil, stir in oatmeal and cook until done. Stir in raisins and then feed to your hungry hoard.


Oy. He needs a  haircut.




And, yes, my boys are giant hams who like being extremely goofy. This is fun. Most of the time. :)


Linking up to...

What's In Your Kitchen Wednesday    




4 comments:

  1. Perfect timing. I was just thinking of shaking up breakfast a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I love to be really bad, and melt butter in it;) Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks yummy, and children are so enjoying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He looks really happy to be enjoying it too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile. And who doesn't love to smile? So...comment away! And if you have any questions, please ask.